A lot of people don’t actually know that much about Liverpool, other than the obvious fact that The Beatles come from there. If you’re thinking about moving to Liverpool you probably should know any and everything about the North-West city. Here are 6 things you most likely never know about the city that brought us one of the greatest music groups in world history.
1) Liverpool holds the Guinness Book of Records title for being the Capital of Pop. More artists with a Liverpool origin have had a number one hit than from any other location. And of course, Liverpudlian legends The Beatles changed the face of popular music.
2) Liverpool is the most successful footballing city in England, home to both Liverpool and Everton. It has won 27 League championships, four European Cups, three Uefa Cups, one Cup Winners cup, 11 FA Cups, and six League Cups.
3) Liverpool’s Walker Art Gallery is the national gallery of the North and houses one of the best collections of European art outside London.
4) Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral is the largest cathedral in Britain and the fifth largest in the world. It was designed by Giles Gilbert Scott in 1904. The city has a second cathedral – the Metropolitan Cathedral, which was designed by Frederick Gibberd after the Second World War.
5) The Palm House is in the majestic Sefton Park, but there are plenty of fantastic green spaces in Liverpool even if their future is a matter of some debate. My favourite is the park where no-one is sure how it came to be, hence its name – the Mystery Park, or Mizzy!
6) Down by the riverfront, the renovated Victorian warehouses of the Albert Dock (opened in 1846 by Prince Albert) contain enough to keep you busy for an afternoon. Here is where you’ll find the Beatles Story and four FREE museums: Tate Liverpool, the Maritime Museum, the Customs and Excise Museum and the world’s first Museum of International Slavery. The last three are conveniently housed in the same warehouse. The dock is also a good place to visit in the evening, being illuminated and full of trendy bars and restaurants, such as Smugglers Clove, the Blue Bar and Grill and the Pan American Club.
If you’re considering moving to Liverpool or you do but you’re contemplating a move, Fortis Residential are delighted to present to you the exclusive Merebank Court. A 14-storey development in highly desirable Sefton Park area of Liverpool with apartments. Boasting panoramic views across Sefton Park and beyond, these apartments are in high demand. The property will consists of an open plan lounge with kitchen area, double bedroom and bathroom. Two and three bedroom apartments are also available, some of which are available furnished and/or come with an outside balcony.
Key features include:
– Luxury apartments with high spec kitchens and bathrooms
– Onsite parking
– Bicycle storage
– Great city location in the desirable Sefton Park area
– Secure door entry system with CCTV
– Balconies available